Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day One: Setting limits on my spending

My spending has gotten out of control.

I became a full-time student and have been buying lots of prepared foods as well as eating out. This month I have spent over $100 at the coffee shop where I like to do homework. Not that long ago my entire food budget was $100!

I will barely have enough money to pay rent in five days. I need to make some changes.

Starting today I am keeping track of all my expenses again. For the month of May I am only spending money on:

  • Rent: $600
  • Utilities: variable, but I will estimate $40
  • Interent: $21
  • Phone: $40 (I want to look into a cheaper plan)
  • Food: $100 (NO eating out, coffee shops, vending machine food)
  • Prescriptions: $8
  • Laundry: $5
  • Netflix: $8 (This is a luxury expense, but one I am going to allow myself for now.)
  • Things I am about to run out of: toothpaste $4 (Not sure of the price)
  • Donations: $12
Total: $838

No comments:

Post a Comment